Craftsman (Carpenter) – Orlando
Austin Historical was founded in 2010 with a mission to be the most trusted historic restoration company in the country, restoring old homes to their former glory using only the finest craftsmanship and materials. As one of the most awarded historic preservation companies in Central Florida, owners can trust us with their historic building. We are looking for a dynamic and talented Carpenter Craftsman to join our team and help us reach our new mission to make window restoration accessible for everyone in America. We are looking for someone that shares our pride in doing quality work and demonstrates high integrity in everything they do.
- 2-5 years of Carpentry and/or painting experience preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience working with sharp tools including saws required.
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements.
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed.
- Cut, shape, and smooth lumber and other materials according to measurements.
- Primary duties include builds for: Sash, Door, Screen, Jambs and Storm.
- Secondary duties include: Repairs (rail replacements), Milling, Stops/Parting Bead.
- Keep shop and machinery organized, cleaned, and maintained.
- Update Slack with the status of each project daily.
- Communicate supply needs to the Admin team.
- Take inventory weekly.
- Work around sharp tools in a safe manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires incumbents to routinely stand for up to 10 hours a day and for long periods of time, stoop or crouch, lift up to 75 lbs at a time, endure hot and cold temperatures while working, work outside, work while wearing cumbersome protective equipment, walk, perform repetitive hand and arm motions, be able to see near and far distances, respond quickly to sounds, and climb ladders while carrying materials or equipment.
Benefits include: 4 day workweek, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, 401k with Company Match, and Supplemental Insurance
Send Resume to [email protected]