This position is based in Orlando and will help with restoration projects in our shop and on site for our clients. The Craftsman will be responsible for carrying out a variety of aspects of window and door restoration under the direction of a Project Lead whom they will report to directly. They will assist with work that could include scraping, painting, deglazing, glass cleaning, repair work, and site work which includes pulling windows and installing them at the end of the project.
No experience is necessary, but Austin Historical does have a current need for painting and carpentry experience.
This person must be a quick learner and able to repeat various assigned tasks with excellence and hard work after having been trained. This position may require overnight travel for up to two (2) weeks at a time depending on site work needs for specific projects.
- Complete assigned tasks accurately, timely, and to Austin quality standards
- Perform tasks including but not limited to scraping, sanding, carpentry, glazing, painting, etc.
- Maintain all tools in good repair
- Follow and encourage coworkers to follow company safety procedures
- Provide excellent customer service when required
- Continually improve through training and practice
- Drive company vehicles as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a reliable means of transportation
- Must speak English
Physical Requirements: This position requires incumbents to routinely stand for up to 10 hours a day and for long periods of time, stoop or crouch, lift up to 80 lbs at a time, endure hot and cold temperatures while working, work outside, work while wearing cumbersome protective equipment, walk, perform repetitive hand and arm motions, be able to see near and far distances, respond quickly to sounds, and climb ladders and raised platforms while carrying materials or equipment. There may be days where this position will require wearing a respirator for up to 10 hours a day due to being exposed to lead paint with historic windows.
- Health, Vision, Dental, and Supplemental Insurance
- 4 Day Work-Week
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay