In 1934, Norman Hall was built as the P.K. Yonge Laboratory School, a facility for practice teaching and educational innovation. It now houses the University of Florida’s College of Education. The building was designed in the Collegiate Gothic style by architect Rudolph Weaver with a crenellated clock tower, cast stone detailing, patterned red brick walls and steeply pitched tile roofs. Norman Hall was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.
The University of Florida undertook a restoration of the exterior in 2019 and Austin Historical restored 40 wood and steel windows on the front facade.